Sunday, August 7, 2011

It is TIME to be WEIRD!

Happy Sunday!

Can you believe that we are already in the second week of August? Time is flying!

I wanted to share with all of you about this book I am reading. I am reading the book "Weird" by Craig Groeschel and in this book it talks about how Jesus calls us to be Weird, not normal. One thing that really spoke to me, was he talks about putting a "don't" list together and becoming more intentional. I laughed considering the one BIG thing I learned from Kenya was to be more intentional with others, but then I asked myself; "Have I already slacked in these past couple of weeks on not only being intentional with others, but also with my creator, my Lord!" The obvious answer is that I am human and yes I have already been slacking, but then when he talked about putting the "don't" list together, this made me think. I have plenty of to DO list, but do I have a don't list? Well obviously I have never made a DONT list, that is just not in our nature to sit down and cut things out of our life. If anything, we just keep adding more and more activities (trust me, I would know! I am the QUEEN of adding activities)

So, is this healthy or is this just NORMAL to what society expects of us? Today, in this world, the busier we are, the more successful we supposedly are, but this is not true. We need to sit, breathe and relax. We need to actually sit without having a running to do list in our heads. I had a conversation with my pastor today about being intentional by being "all there" when sharing time with someone. I was making the point that it is easy to repeat something back that someone has said in a conversation without really being "all-there", so how can you become ALL-THERE for your family and most importantly how can you be ALL-THERE for the Lord, without being distracted by this world?

As challenging as this might be, I challenge you to make a DON'T list. I have started mine and it is not easy. Sacrifices are being made, but to sacrifice your time for the Lord is such a better reward then to focus your time into more activities of this world. Trust the Lord that HE knows your plan. Cutting things out of your schedule is not going to mean that your missing out on life because God has a greater plan for all of us.

Trust and live out your Faith.

One more thing for all of you. Imani Tumaini Upendo has their first event fast approaching and are still in need of funds. The event is on August 26 in College Station, TX. If you have not been to our website and read our story, I want to challenge you to do so. The Lord is doing amazing things in this ministry and I would love for all of you to be a part of it, whether that is individually or corporately. You can contact me about becoming a sponsor or also donate on the website. The Lord calls us to go among the nations and share His good news and Imani is doing just that.
I hope you are touched by our story. http://www.imani-africa.com/


Mungu Akubariki!
(God Bless you!)

Also, as you know I am still in the process of my 24 day challenge. Today is day 11, but I have decided that I will not be blogging everyday. I am picking 3 days of the week to get on facebook and my blog. I will let you know when those days are soon. I have personally chosen to do this so that I have more time for me and the Lord. I have become distracted by technology around me and want to make sure that I am staying intentional with my Savior! I love you all!

Jenny :)

No comments:

Post a Comment